Saturday 17 September 2016

Sasha McVeigh unveils cover of Caitlyn Smith's Tacoma

(August 30, 2016)
Ahead of her performance at London's Hard Rock Cafe, Sasha McVeigh unveils cover of Caitlyn Smith's Tacoma
Sasha McVeigh is the Hereford born and raised singer/songwriter currently taking the States by storm.

Sasha share: “Caitlyn Smith always performs 'Tacoma' flawlessly, so I'm really hoping I've done this beautiful song justice”! x


Having been the only British act to appear on the main stage of no less than 5 of the US' most prominent country festivals, Sasha unveiled her debut album I STAND ALONE to critical acclaim last year.
Declared 'a ray of sunshine' by Taste of Country and championed by radio icon Bob Harris, Sasha is currently building to the release of new material.

During her recent tour with American Young and Loveless Effect, Sasha's unveiled new single When I'm Over You.
Of the single, Sasha said 'When I'm Over You' is a song that wasn’t meant to be written because, by writing it, I had to admit what I’d spent so long trying to hide. I wasn’t over him. But letting myself be vulnerable and writing this song made me realise it’s okay not to have moved on. It’s okay to be sad sometimes because that proves what I felt was real. One day I will let him go but until then I’ll keep that unnamed number in my phone.'

While she returns to the States later this year for a series of shows, Sasha is thrilled to announce that she will be joining Simple Minds' Mel Gaynor for his forthcoming album launch show at London's Hard Rock Cafe on September 14 for a special set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.